Thursday, October 27

Posted by Claire on 7:49 PM No comments
We went and spoke with the apartment managers today.

After negotiations, we will only have a $200 increase.

$200.00!!!

Yeah, No... I don't even know what to say. She told us that "it's just the market in Austin right now..." I wanted to turn around and say "No, thats price gouging and it's illegal." Their costs didn't go up. We aren't getting any 'new' services or community features. And just because all the other apartment communities are raising their prices to take advantage of the spike in demand, doesn't mean that you can't choose to be a company who serves people not your bottom line. I don't understand what leads someone to believe that raising someone's rent by $200 is "reasonable." We just can't afford that.

On the flip side, we also can't really afford to move out. That process involves new deposits, application fees, bill deposits, moving expenses, etc.

This is not exactly an ideal situation to be in.

I had my second interview today. I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like perfect job for me. I would be doing event coordinating for middle and high school age students. I would work with a lot of people that I already know. AND be in an environment that has huge spiritual benefits. Best job ever, right?

But, (there's always a but), I would be making a lot less than what I was hoping for. If I took the job there'd be a very tight strain on our finances each month. We'd probably have to sell our car and take a wash on the loss. We might end up having to move, especially with the nonsense our complex is trying to pull.

I feel like this is God opening a fantastic door but asking us to close others. Maybe. We are going to spend the next few days praying over it.

It will be a few days before I blog again. My Mother-In-Law is gettin' hitched this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment