Tuesday, November 1

Posted by Claire on 9:19 PM No comments
I had a busy weekend...

On Friday, Aaron and I got to see his youngest brother play football. We cheered OG all the way to a close victory over their rivals. Plus we got some great pictures of all the family together.. which is nice.

 Plus, I stood up and holler'd when the cheerleaders asked.. AND won a free T-Shirt! It was freezing outside, if you didn't gather that from the family huddle, so the extra layer was much appreciated!


Well the wedding went off without a hitch.. except for the happy couple.. who were hitched themselves. We stayed at a cute little beach house in Port Aransas. It was kind of fun because all of us "kids" slept in the downstairs basement area, which was huge. There ended up being like eight of us down there. We didn't get much rest with all the chatter and nonsense.

Saturday was D-Day and I was self-titled photographer, florist, coordinator, and cake repairer. The cutest part was that my Mother-in-Law was nervous about getting married! Made me "awww" just a little bit inside. :)


After the wedding, we headed to the house for some yummy barbeque, cupcakes, and champagne toasts! To sum up the post-wedding events, we played beach football, I caught an interception, I learned too much about my brother-in-law, and after multiple family discussions, we were no further along in our decision making regarding our job and apartment situation. 

It was able to keep my mind off of all the craziness that is my life at this moment by focusing my attention on Monday's Halloween Party! I hadn't done any decorating, save for a giant spider I'd hung in the kitchen on Thursday. I had so much cleaning, cooking, and costuming to do! My stove even caught on fire! And yes, the first thing I thought of was "BLOG PHOTO!"


All in all I think it turned out great! Everyone's favorite part was that I had put dry-ice in our cauldron of punch to make it smoky and fun!


Eyeball Eggs!
Yummy Food!
Fried Rats! ... My culinary contribution...
Aaron won the costume contest as "Mayhem" from the Allstate commercials. 


I was dressed in 80s fashion but I'm definitely seeing some similarities between my completed costume and my mother circa 1995..

Poor Mayhem all tuckered out...
And then the turn of events that is... 
my next blog. 
You'll want to read it I promise.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment