Thursday, November 10

Posted by Claire on 3:35 PM No comments
I've applied for more than 40 jobs this past month. I feel like that's a lot, especially when you consider that the Texas Workforce Commission only requires that I have something in the area of 15. It's been kind of frustrating to not have had ANY phone calls or emails about any of these jobs in the past two weeks.

I figure that Aaron and I are getting the "for worse" and "for poorer" part of our marriage out of the way from the start so as to make room for all the "for better" and "for richer." :)

I'm sure God is waiting for the perfect time to open a door to the perfect job. Again, this waiting game is not my strong suit.

Aaron and I have been praying a lot and seeking a lot of Godly counsel. We've also received quite a bit of unsolicited counsel, Godly or not. We know people are trying to help but it's causing us to flip flop a lot on our decisions. It seems as though every time we come up with a plan we feel good about, the next day something comes up that suggests otherwise. It's exhausting to be so confused.

Meanwhile, we've eliminated cable, which only existed for College Football Saturdays. Netflix is our new BFF. And I get to cheer on my husband as he plays a lot of XBOX NCAA 09. He named his star players after our children. He'll tell you it's to get me involved in the games, but I think he would have done it whether or not I was here to watch him. He even came up with a whole story the other day about how one of them had a shoulder injury but that the other two were okay and were playing really well. To which I inquired as to how we ended up with three boys all in college. Well, he had this whole story outlined about how we held one of them back in pre-school and the other was really smart. And blah de blah.. it was kind of endearing.

I think we've both been really stressed about our situation, however. So today we decided to take a day off and went on a date! I know, I know. We should save our money and just stay home but we were kind of driving each other crazy being at home. Don't worry, we were frugal. We had a luxurious lunch feast at the nice McDonalds down the road. Then we went ice skating!



Aaron had never been before! I had forgotten just how cold they actually keep it in there so neither of us had jackets or gloves. They were much needed. Still, we had a great time!

And now it's back to NCAA and job searching. Aaron will be leaving tomorrow for his birthday weekend with his brother, his pops, my dad, and his brother's father in law. They are going to have a great time doing man-things and will probably come home smelling very testosterone-y. I just pray they come back with all their limbs and phalanges attached and in working order!

0 comments:

Post a Comment