Wednesday, November 30

Posted by Claire on 10:40 PM No comments
I love love LOVE when God gives me encouragement just when I need it most.

If you've been keeping up, you know that I've been pretty down lately. With not one of the, what seems like bazillion, jobs I've applied for recently giving me any feedback, I was feeling super discouraged.

But..

I love buts. Don't you? But. But. But. I think that is my favorite word in the Bible. But always precedes something wonderful that God is doing. But. (smiles)

But.. God moved in some very positive ways this week.
one.
Aaron got a call from his former supervisor saying that he had a check to pick up at the business center. Already this is a "yay" moment because finances are very tight right now. Christmas doesn't help. Well, we went on Tuesday to pick up the check to find not only one but two envelopes for him! This is getting good right? I took it upon myself to open his letters while walking back to the car and nearly tripped over my jaw when I totaled the check amount to be triple what we were expecting!!!  This was much needed relief in the money department. Now all our bills our paid through the end of our lease and we have some extra for the Holidays!
Yay God! 

two.
I got called for a phone interview early this week! The recruiter said I made her "A" list (though I'm sure everyone says that..) The job is for a marketing coordinator at a highly-successful fertility clinic. It sounds like a lot of fun with great resume-building potential. Not to mention the fun challenges that type of environment would birth. ;) 

three.
My sister-in-law hooked me up with a phone interview for a Guest Services Manager at the hospital she works for. I really enjoyed the interview and felt super prepped for it.

four.
Yesterday the recruiter for the fertility clinic called back and asked me to come for an in-person interview on Friday! Awesome!!! I'm already nervous!

five.
The woman I met with a few weeks ago about an amazing opportunity to work for the church emailed me to check in and said I should be hearing from her soon!

six. 
Most significantly, I had a really great conversation earlier this week with the hubby about how I have this whole other part of me called "Emotional Wife." We discussed at great lengths about how "Emotional Wife" needs to be connected with "Emotional Husband" in order to have her love tank full. Despite the fact that Aaron claims "Emotional Husband" doesn't naturally exist, he's been absolutely wonderful about checking in with me and making sure I'm feeling okay. Not only that but he's also been highly responsive to my inquiries for feedback. 

Ahh and it only took a year of marriage to realize that we needed to have this conversation. 

WIFELY NEEDS: Mental-Physical-Emotional
HUSBANDLY NEEDS: Entertainment-Food-Sex

God, you are too funny. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment