More news, more happenings, more of anything really.
Sadly, though, that is not the case.
Between looking for jobs, applying for jobs, sending jobs that don't quite fit my interests to other job seekers, reformatting twelve (okay four) resume types, categorizing twenty plus cover letter variations, updating my LinkedIn, and following up on those jobs for which I've already applied... I feel like I work an eight hour day. It's exhausting.
Even though it's still fairly early in the game, I'm getting a little bummed out, to be honest. I haven't heard from any prospective employers in so long. I'm starting to think that most companies are probably too busy with the holidays coming up to focus on hiring new employees. Unfortunately, that probably means a little bit of a dry spell for me.
Meanwhile, it's becoming increasingly difficult to comprehend what God is doing. If we don't end up hearing some news soon, it's pretty apparent that the hubby and I will end up moving to another city. The idea of starting in a new place is kind of exciting to me. But we aren't quite at the point yet where we need to move.
So it's sit around and look and wait and pray until something happens.
I'm kind of nervous about what that something will be. Aaron says that I'm "enamored" with the idea of moving and living with family. He's probably right which makes me question whether my heart is in the right place. I want to ultimately do whatever will please God, yet I'm finding that rather difficult to discern and even more to continue this phase with a cheerful heart.
I need a little pick-me-up, some life-caffeine to get me through this dry spell with a smile. I'll take a large Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot of expresso. Hold the whip, please.

Commenting! Yay! :)
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm a new reader, but I thought I'd comment because I'm in the exact same position. I feel like I've applied to a million positions, and I really can't stand when people don't respond. I'd rather hear a "Thanks, but we're not interested" than having no-one respond.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
Thanks for reading, Harriet. Welcome!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed browsing through your blog as well!
It's super hard to not get discouraged with life right now. However, I've always found that at just the right time, God swoops in and gives me a little bit of encouragement. For example, I've posted a lot about how I feel like I wont get any calls till the new year.. Well I had two phone interviews this week! (Sneak peak of future blog info!) I know that this may not be THE job, but it's so nice to have something to keep my mind off of all the things "going wrong".
Chin up and keep blogging!
Also, if you create a blog button, I'll add it to my site!
I'm currently in a job that's definitely not THE job, but it's nice to have income while I'm looking! I also find that it helps to keep applying furiously (even when I have interviews lined up) so that I don't feel desperate walking into any single interview. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!