Wednesday, November 16

Posted by Claire on 9:42 PM No comments
Being unemployed has its benefits. For one, I can pretty much go out of town on a whim, being that I'm on an 'extended vacation' anyway. My sister-in-law, Lisa, and I had planned this fantastic man-weekend for the men in our family. Aaron, my brother-in-law, my father, my father-in-law and my sister-in-law's father all went fishing! We chartered a private boat for them and picked out a great beach rental! 


My father made the first catch of the day and Aaron caught the biggest one! These two reds and the eight flounder made for a delicious meal, or so I hear. He was warned not to come home with any fish as I am NOT in any way a fish-fan and he stayed true to his word. All I heard about when he got back was about how good the eats were.

I really think they all had a great time. I've been informed that this is now an annual event. I was just happy that someone took a few pictures! 


Whilst my wonderful husband was celebrating his birthday, I spent the weekend with my sister-in-law. I really enjoy spending time with her and my three beautiful nieces. We made homemade play dough (throwback to my high school job at an art studio), colored (A LOT), and jumped on the trampoline till my legs turned to jelly.  My eldest niece is the perfect age to make spending time with her rather funny. She says the most interesting things. Oh to be four. 

Every time we visit them I try really hard to be the kind of house guest I would want if I had three kids under five. I hope that having an extra set of hands is helpful. 

When the kids were asleep, Lisa and I spent a lot of time talking about my employment situation.  She has a lot of good advice to give because not only is she a recruiter by trade, she and her husband went through the same thing that Aaron and I are going through. Lisa makes for a nice confidant. Plus, she says just about everything that comes to mind and I tend to disclose just about anything so we chat quite a bit.

Meanwhile back at the homestead, it's back to the job search. I have applied for so many jobs that it's making my head spin. Plus, we have expanded the search to not just our current city of residence. I feel like I'm just fishing for anything that will bite. A lot is in the wind right now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment