Sunday, November 27

Posted by Claire on 9:04 PM No comments
Thanksgiving took us to three different places this year. My grandparents in Dallas, Aaron's grandparents in Tyler, and our brother and sister-in-law (falling somewhere in between the two) all played host to the Thurmon's first married Thanksgiving festivities. 

I played hide-and-seek, helped chop up a tree for firewood (with an axe, mind you), and spent a lot of time loving my poor, sick nieces. The youngest, who is teething, learning to crawl, not sleeping through the night, enjoying a dual eye infection, ear infection and congestion, did not have much to be thankful for this year. I loved on her anyway. :)

Aaron spent most of his week being thankful for Justin Tucker's accuracy and reliability (HOOK 'EM), frolicking in the great outdoors and reliving the tale of how he shot his first hog! 

What a beast! 
And the hog doesn't look too bad either! ;)

Now, we're back at Command Center sipping on sangria  and relishing in the comforts of home. We went to church this morning to teach Sunday school at ten this morning and didn't get home till after six thanks to an impromptu "window shopping" trip to the mall. 

How "window shopping" turned into getting gifts for everyone on the list I didn't even know we'd made yet, I cant recall.  Oh, and new pillows. We bought pillows. 

I feel like I put a lot of stress on myself financially right now. I was barely planning on getting a gift for my husband let alone other people.  I mean, we have an income. It's an unemployment check, but it's something. We have some savings. Not much. 

The bad thing is, my poor little soul absolutely LOVES buying and giving gifts. Yes, I do a lot of DIY, used, and financially conservative gift giving. But the hubby doesn't seem to float that way. Despite talking about it beforehand and sticking to our budget, I feel like maybe we aren't in a life situation that would condone spending on non-necessities.

I haven't concluded if I'm more concerned that other people will think our spending foolish or if I myself think so. I know that in the end, a few bucks is not going to change our situation. When we run out, we run out. But having this financial beast over my head constantly reminding me "You don't have a job!" really wears on my heart. 

It doesn't help that I haven't felt confident towards any of the options that we have available. I think if we end up spending too much time focusing on what the right decision is, we wont make one. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment