Andy Andrews was hilarious! With southern charm, Andy comically presents Godly perspectives on life. I only wished Aaron were there because he would have been rolling in his chair with laughter! Here's a tiny clip from a past speaking opportunity:
And then there was this little feisty thing...
[[Video from WOF 2008]]
The other ladies were great too. Speakers Lisa Welchel (aka Blair from Facts of Life), Brenda Werner (aka Kurt Warner's wife), Marilyn Meberg, and Katharine Everett as well as Singers Mandisa, Sandi Patty, and Amy Grant all graced the stage and shared their story.
Plus it was extra special because my aunt was able to come as well. Hopefully I can pic-nap her photos once she uploads them! All in all, it was a great weekend! My mom sent me home with a ton of stuff that I can use to decorate for our Halloween party. I also got to spend some time with my 11 and 4 year old cousins, which was a treat. Still I was very glad to come home to my husband.
________________________________
__________________________________________
It's been a worrisome few days because Aaron is not on his store's work schedule as of this coming Thursday. This is without explanation so we really have no idea if he is moving stores or ...? To make things worse his store director hasn't been at work since the schedule came out. Thus, we are super in the dark on this one.
Given that we have two weeks to determine if we can renew our lease, I am really praying that we get some direction soon. I have no job. Aaron doesn't know what they're going to do with him. We also have yet to receive our renewal notice letting us know how much our lease is going to increase at our apartment. We are on the verge of potentially being pushed off a cliff by a lot of life altering events occurring at once in our life. Maybe one of the two interviews I have this week will be profitable. Prayers please please please.
If this is God moving us to a new place or making a big change for us, then I truly do welcome it with an open heart. I just have difficulties with being patient and not knowing if that's what is happening. I struggle so much with not understanding the big picture. I know that there is one. I also am aware that I am not designed to understand the picture He has for me. I just don't do well with the actualization of that fact upon my life. I never struggle to believe that God has a plan for me, but wrestle in that I have nothing to do with it. I am a privileged piece in His strategy to reach the world with the life changing reality of Jesus Christ. In that I know there is hope. I don't mind being a pawn, I just don't like not being able to see the hand that moves.. or the rest of the board for that matter.

0 comments:
Post a Comment