Tuesday, October 11

Posted by Claire on 3:36 PM No comments
Today was my second day as a full-time trophy wife. If you take away the discouraging "job hunt" aspect to my to-do list then I'm pretty sure I could get used to this.

So last night's chili went over great! I was kind of nervous about how my culinary concoction would be received. Other than being described as a "little cayenney," everyone ate it! Maybe they were just being polite. Anyway, I've posted the recipe under the new "The Food" tab.

This morning I slept in till like 10:30... which was fabulous! I would have stayed in bed but I had to get up and get ready for my wifely lunch date. Four of the ladies from my small group got together at what might arguably be the best local coffee shop in Cedar Park.

I think we all ordered the same sandwich: #2 The Ole Smokey. Turkey, swiss, a special sauce, on a homemade bread loaf.  Plus, I add chips to mine. It's pretty delicious. I wish I knew the ingredients to their "special sauce." I'm guessing its a dill-mayo mixture. I suppose if I knew then it wouldn't be "special!" It's so yummy!

Afterwards, I spent several hours applying for jobs. I think I applied to five? There weren't a whole lot of opportunities in my field of choice so I guess I don't feel like I was that productive. BUT! I got three phone calls today regarding job offers. One is from a healthcare organization looking for a marketing rep. The other two are follow up interviews from yesterday. So I have two interviews tomorrow and one on Thursday.

Where were all these people when I was employed? Maybe I was looking for jobs more tailored to my experience rather than just general transferrable skills? I'm excited that all this activity is being directed my way but anxious to know if the right one is in the mix. I don't want just a job. I want a career.

Well there exists no greater pleasure to comfort my restless heart than a trip to the HobLob. Problem: I only had $16.81 on a gift card which was no match to the 17000 ideas that run through my head every time I walk in the door. Still I did good and came out only $9.50 over my gift card and got supplies for a craft idea that was inspired from Pinterest!


Not only that, to build upon my love of bird decor, I found this little guy with a broken tail. Discount SCORE!
[On the phone with Mom]
Now the hubby is on his way home from work, which is crazy because he's never home before 7. And we get to go pick up a filing cabinet we found on Craigslist that will eventually house the mound of papers we are supposed to keep for one reason or another.  I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow, sorting through all of it...


0 comments:

Post a Comment