Then I went for coffee at Scooters with a girlfriend followed closely by frozen yogurt with another girlfriend.
I'm a.. how do you say.. playa?
- Cheeky grin -
Wow. It sounds like I spent most of my day eating. Hmm I guess I did!
I've written a lot about our situation with Aaron's job and realized that it might be helpful for you to know what exactly he does. While he would explain it in other ways that I continually have to translate, I will speak 'normal' so that you understand.
Aaron is in a leadership program that typically lasts two years, give or take a few months. At the end of the program, he will be qualified to be an Asst. Store Director. He spends four months training in one department and then another four months in a rotation period where he puts what he's learned into effect.
So, Aaron spent his first training in the Perishables Dept., that is all the things on the exterior of the store (produce, seafood, bakery, meat market, etc.). His first rotation was spent in the Perishables Dept. implementing his training by increasing sales, cutting shrink (waste), and developing relationships with the dept. managers. In a typical situation, Aaron would be evaluated and move on to a new facet of training like Center Store operations (ie. all the aisles of product) and then into another four month rotation.
The problem we are facing with Aaron is he has been in his first rotation for almost six months and his evaluation did not give clear indications to his future progression in the program.
And almost three weeks after that poor evaluation, we still haven't heard anything. Lame right? Well Aaron told me today that his store director, or UD, asked him to remind me, the wife, about Matthew 6:25-34.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
My first thought was 'Well do I have some verses for HIM too!'
Nevertheless, our Father commands us not to worry. I need to trust His plan more faithfully because worry is sin. Sin is not going to get me where God wants me. But grrrr... does this biblical wisdom have to come from the lips of the man who is blatantly disregarding the weight of his judgment upon my family's future? This is me being bitter but smiling. Praying for God to help me be still and know.

0 comments:
Post a Comment