Wednesday, October 26

Posted by Claire on 7:35 PM 2 comments
Look what my sweet husband brought home for me last night! He said the lady at the checkout asked him what he'd done wrong! Haha! I love it!


I spent most of my day prepping for things later in the week. I had coffee with a sweet friend of mine and had a carmel macchiato for the first time. It tasted like the McCafe Vanilla Iced Coffee from Mickey D's.

Then I snagged some great deals on some Halloween garb at Goodwill followed by Target. I'm excited to see how everything turns out! 


Any guesses on my costume??

{Insert apology for any ranting,  poor grammar, negativity, etc contained below.}

Well after dinner with Aaron, I came home to finally find our apartment renewal notice slipped inside our door. We are required to give 60 days notice if we intend to move out. That is a bogus amount of time in my opinion. Thirty days should be more than sufficient because a lot can change in two months! Because our lease ends the first week in January, we have until the first week in November to let them know if we are staying. Uhmm hello? Thats less than two weeks away!

I called our apartment managers almost a month ago to ask them about our renewal notice and was informed we would receive it around October 16th. Well after hours on October 26th is certainly NOT the 16th or even close! That's ten whole days shorter to decide if we can afford to stay.

And then there's this evil little asterisk next to the rates that reads "The above rates include additional fees for items such as pet rent, garage, carport, and storage rentals, etc." We don't even rent any of these extra luxuries! I have no idea what to make of the.. get this.. $240.00 increase on our rental rate! Even if they, for some odd reason, included all these add-ons within the renewal rate and were only going to charge us what our apartment is going for now, according to their website, we would still have an increase of $170.00! 
With only one shaky source of income and no indication if that income will continue in the future or that it will be supplemented by my employment, I don't know what we are going to do. 
And now we have 7, S-E-V-E-N, days to make a decision! 

I know I'm probably overreacting a little. I know that all of this craziness can be clarified through my bright-and-early phone call to our manager. I know that God is going to provide. I know that the worst that could happen is we have to bunk with family or friends for a couple of months to save up money to move into another apartment. We'd still have Jesus and each other. 

I think myself into problematic situations. I'm a worst-case-scenario kinda gal. My heart is heavy. 

2 comments:

  1. Claire, sorry to hear of your apartment troubles! I am praying for the Lord's provision and comfort for you all during this time of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela.. I KNOW that God is up to something because there is just too much happening at once for it to be a coincidence. I want Him to work in our life and I trust it will turn out well.. I've just never been patient about it. Guess that's what He want's me to work on...

    ReplyDelete