Saturday, October 15

Posted by Claire on 9:18 PM 3 comments
I filed for unemployment benefits today. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the idea. My Dad explained it in a way that made me a little less resistant by categorizing it as an insurance plan rather than a welfare program. Still, it's not something I'm proud to have to do. Not at all. 

Aaron's been struggling with his job, too. His training program throws him into a role with lots of responsibility but with no real authority. Unfortunately, its also a very ambiguously structured program. When he started his first rotation, he expected that his Unit Director would do more proactive coaching  and teaching but that's not really happened. Aaron will plan, execute, and evaluate an initiative all under the assumption that he's on the right track, only to be reprimanded long after the fact. It's not a system thats proven very effective towards furthering his growth and success. Last week, Aaron got a horribly unfavorable performance appraisal that nit-picked at his every mistake and exaggerated minor flaws and gave almost no constructive or positive feedback. So for the past week we've been worrying about his job security and his future in this program. 

It's hard not to feel like we're being attacked. I know that I have an awesome work ethic and I will bust my butt to prove myself at whatever I'm doing. I know even more how hard of a worker and what an asset Aaron is. It's difficult for me to believe that anyone could think those things about him. It's a struggle to understand why I'm not getting any job offers, more specifically those in my field of interest. If this is God telling us that we need to be somewhere else, then great! I'm all for it. I just would like to know that's what's happening so we can act upon it. 

...Le sigh... 

I know God doesn't work that way. 



On a happier note, I got to bake my french toast cupcakes en mass. The Young Adults at our church host monthly cook-offs where potluck style dishes are judged based on taste and presentation. It was a lot of fun! I didn't win this breakfast-themed soiree but seeing almost all of them being eaten was a win for me! 

I also had a blast hanging out with the sweet ladies from church! Aaron was also able to come this time so I didn't look like the girl with the fake husband. :) I need to figure out what yummy delicacy I will make for November's Thanksgiving theme!


Uhm.. does anyone else's husband watch football like this? 



3 comments:

  1. Actually, my sister's husband does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband does too! Ha. Good thing they are friends :) Yummy Thanksgiving dish...hmmm i gotta think of one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I have almost four weeks to come up with an idea! What about if I made mashed potatoes or stuffing? Maybe you can do cranberry cupcakes as a tasty take on cranberry sauce?

    ReplyDelete