Monday, October 10

Posted by Claire on 1:58 PM No comments
Today has been kinda fun and eventful. This morning I had two job interviews. The first was with a huge insurance company as an administrative assistant. I had to take a timed math test! YIKES! But I guess if I cant do well on a math test then I probably shouldn't work there, being a financial institution and all. The second was just a phone interview with a company that does promotional retail events. Maybe I'm jaded but I feel like have more experience and knowledge than what most organizations see. Oh well. I trust that God has a plan!

So Aaron and I host a small group in our home for our church on Monday nights. It's so nice to fellowship with people in our demographic (ie. recent grads, newlyweds, 20-somethings, no-kids). I feel like we are kind of an interesting niche group because we don't really "fit" into most categories of people. So I LOVE getting to hang out with people at a very similar stage in their lives.

We are halfway through a six week study called "WALLS." It's geared toward recognizing the unhealthy mindsets that keep us from life as God intended it. Tonight we will be discussing Week 4: The Walls Between Us. I'm definitely looking forward to this one because I know I throw up barriers between people and then turn and complain to God that I have no quality relationships. This is going to change. If God has to beat it out of me to make it happen then so be it. I'm so tired of only having a husband to turn to. I need good girl-friends! Thankfully, I'm starting to see God blessing me in this area.

Shout out to my home-girl Kali @KakesNBakes! SUPER yummy cupcakes, cakes, and cake pops. If you live within a 75 mile radius of Cedar Park, you HAVE to try these! (Tip: Free cupcakes at small group!)


God has also been challenging me to breakthrough my wall of isolation. This week I was challenged to seek out promises in scripture that I can turn to for encouragement.
Awesome Bible!
Psalm 46:1-2
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea...

Zephaniah 3:17
 The LORD your God is in your midst,  a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness;  he will quiet you by his love; he will rejoice over you with loud singing.

I feel like these are especially pertinent to me right now as I struggle to trust that God will take care of my family financially. I'm super excited that we made a renewed commitment to give back financially to God with our tithing. I'm so excited to see how He uses us and I know God delights in those who follow his commands! 

I think I'm going to try to learn these verses this week and truly wrestle with them in regard to what God is promising me. I know He's got it all covered and I just need to trust Him and continue to ask Him to open my heart to the love of Jesus so I can share it with everyone!!!

P.S. I love Fall! Can you tell by my shirt? :) If this chili goes over well I'll post the recipe tomorrow. But oh gosh I accidentally added a tablespoon of cayenne pepper instead of a teaspoon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment