I'm presently trying my hand at what sounds like a super delicious breakfasty-dessert... French Toast Cupcakes! I thought it best to do a trial run before bringing them to a cook-off we're going to on Saturday. I'm not an excellent baker and to be honest, I've never made my own icing before! So we' are trying this out by third-ing the recipe. << A LOT harder than you'd think! Especially since I cant find my 1/3 tsp or tbs spoons! If all goes well they will come out looking something like this..
I've got my work cut out for me!


Aaron and I got our filing cabinet of craigslist and it needed some serious loving. But with the help of a little bleach, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a lot of elbow grease, it was looking good as new again! That was until we started filling it and I don't know what happened but we managed to seriously disfigure a key plastic component that lets the door shut all the way.
I'm kind of bummed because with a lack of continuous income, $35.00 is a lot to spend on something only for it to break! Thankfully, my hubby figures himself a Mr. Fix-It so I'm sure it can still be salvaged.
On the job front, I had a follow-up, in-person interview with the company that does retail events on Wednesday. I also had a group interview for a marketing position at a healthcare facility. Well after the in-person interview I was pretty convinced that the job just wasn't for me. And I went ahead and called the other recruiter for the group interview and cancelled. That company was pretty far downtown and wasn't going to be financially viable.
On the upside, I had a second interview this afternoon with the same financial institution that I met with on Monday. Good to know that my math test wasn't that horrific.
Still, I'm not sure how I feel about everything. It's difficult to have to choose between having an income and enjoying what you do. Do I take the first job offered because I need the money or do I wait it out for the
right job? Who knows if it will come? It's not like I'm new to the market. I mean, I've been actively searching since the end of June.
Part of me wants to just have a fun part time job that will allow me to maintain my home, spend time with my husband, and fellowship with my trophy-wife friends. I don't know if that's what's best for my family but I can't say with all certainty that a 9 to 5 deal is either.
Please pray for me. And for my cupcakes.
Praying for you and loving your determination not just in the job hunt but in your life in general!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it good to know though that as long as you keep consulting God in all your decisions that he won't steer you wrong? He will place you exactly where He needs you to be for the glory of His kingdom. It may not always feel like the job of your dreams, but every position we hold on this earth is hand picked for God's purpose :)
Best of luck and I'm loving your blog!!
Angela Speaker
Thanks Angela! I love a lot of the design elements on yours! Just a heads up, I'm an idea thief! Dont be surprised if you see cute little pictures ending my posts too!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I'll prepare myself for the theft ;)
ReplyDelete