Sunday, January 15

Posted by Claire on 7:16 PM 6 comments
I was so nervous about my interview on Friday.
It's really difficult for me to gauge how I did because the questions weren't geared toward my past experience. Granted, the things they were asking me about weren't required skills but I wasn't confident about my answers.
Aaron reminded me that no matter what I said or did, I couldn't keep God from fulfilling His plan for my life. And if God doesn't want me somewhere, then I don't want to be there. There is significant comfort in that.

I just HATE
I'm still waiting to hear back about a position that I interviewed for a couple weeks ago. I have certainly kept up my part of the deal and have done all my follow-up emails. I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting.

I saw Marky Mark on Saturday!
Okay not really. But we did see his new movie, "Contraband."

It was pretty good. In fact, on a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is "I will never have those two hours of my life back," 3 is "Wait for Redbox" and 5 is "Go Right Now!" It's a solid 3.5. No nudity or suggestive behavior. Language and brief violence satisfies the R rating.

Oooh total bonus about not living in a huge metropolitan area... movie tickets are cheap! I mean snacks still cost way too much but it's perfectly reasonable to expect to spend less than $20 at the theater! Love this!

We also got to do a bit of celebrating for my sister in law's birthday at Chuy's. I definitely recommend their strawberry margaritas (in moderation, of course). Aaron and I got to meet all of her good friends and their husbands. It was lovely getting to socialize with new faces again!

Check out this super cute top that I wore to dinner!


I got it on clearance for $15 bucks at Dress Barn! I occasionally like to wander in there. It's a nice little confidence booster, too. I can actually get clothes that are sized for normal women. Most of their clothes aren't my style. But every so often I can snag a great deal like this was.

Anyone else out there secretly a fan of Dress Barn?
Did you go see the movie, too?
What did you think?

Till next time,  enjoy the waiting game with me!

6 comments:

  1. Oddly, every time I try to go to a Dress Barn in Tampa, they're closed (in the middle of the day), so I've still never *technically* been...

    Good luck on your interview! Love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Thanks for the new follow! I'm your newest follower too!:)

    xoxo-kylie
    www.livinglovingandphotographing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute top! Love it! I got your email and i'll get back to you shortly! Hope the interview went well.
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristina - Thats a total bummer! They have a lot of business-y fashion thats professional and not in any way sleazy! Love it!

    Kylie - Welcome and thank you!

    Whit - Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love the top super cute, Im always a sucker for a good strawberry margarita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You wouldn't believe that I ruined the top though.. I hand-washed it as instructed.. with a dark purple shirt (that I'd washed a bazillion times with no problem) and it stained by pretty new shirt!
      This wouldn't be so bad because i could always dye it another color or try crazy color removers (which I have) but the bleach ate a hole through the front!

      .. yeah.. I know.

      But I still want to try to get a few more wears out of it. I'm going to have to get creative with how to cover up the hole and fix the color.
      Since it was the ONLY shirt at the store.. on clearance.

      *sigh*

      Never again..

      Delete