Friday, January 6

Posted by Claire on 12:40 PM 5 comments
Today I "celebrate" 3 months of unemployment.
Thats 90 days of being at home, 13 weeks of no insurance, 6 would-be paychecks (not including the hubbys), and all but 2 student loans and 1 car payment deferred.  

I feel like that is pretty dismal. It doesn't help that I've been calculating our student loan debt in combination with our car loan and it just seems like we'll never pay any of it off. Don't get me wrong. It's not like we have this huge stack of bills glaring at us. But the basket I keep our bills in does seem a little small for its contents. 

And then there's the dread of having been entirely unsuccessful in securing a job. You might say, "Oh well you've only been looking for three months. Don't be so hard on yourself." Not true. I've actually been looking for over six months to no avail.  I know that we aren't hurting but I'm certainly tempted to include the word "yet" with that statement. 

I've been told that I interview well. That's all fine and dandy but it doesn't mean I get offered a job, just that I'm probably fairly likable. 

Bleh.. < This is how I feel today. 

I should try harder to have a better outlook on my situation. 
I mean I DO have reason to celebrate... 

I had 3 - three - THUHREEE interviews this week and heard some buzz about a third-round of interviews for another position I've had my eye on. 

I'm kind of excited. I feel like things are on the verge of turning around for me and I just need to keep my eye on the prize and focus on the positive. God is going to put me exactly where He needs me and I only need to be ready and willing for Him to do it! 

So I guess I can celebrate.. a little bit.. by myself.. [insert happy dance]!
Yay God!

Interviews are over. Now to work out with the hubby!

5 comments:

  1. Awe best of luck hun. I put in my three week notice at a job I've been working through a temp agency with for the past two years. I need to find an actual job with a company. Here's hoping I find something soon.
    Best wishes!
    -wHiT

    blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I haven't worked in almost a year and it's pretty bittersweet. Love the sleep til noon, freedom part...hate the I-feel-lazy part. But you are trying and that's what matters! When the right job comes along, it will happen for you. Sounds like you had a very promising week, too! Way to go! Just keep praying :). I'm your newest follower, loving your blog!
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pahaha yes! I definitely sleep till noon but hate that I do it! Enjoyed browsing your cute blog too!

      Delete
  3. Hope at least one of those pans out! I feel your pain... my husband is starting work tomorrow after being unemployed for 5 months, and we couldn't have gone very much longer without running into some problems. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to your husband! I know things will work out. God has something for us .. its just never fun being in limbo like this.

      Delete