Sunday, January 22

Posted by Claire on 3:01 PM 10 comments
It's been a tough past few days.
Let me start over.

It's been a fun weekend.
I've been trying to generate more followers through better blog marketing. In my first undertaking, I was featured over on Black Little Button! The result = at least 8 new followers! Plus I was able to find a few more for myself!

On Friday, I was asked to an on-campus interview for a marketing and promotions position to take place in a few weeks! They're even putting me in a hotel! << Super excited!

Saturday was what we will term "ManDay." We (the hubs & myself as well as the bro & sis in law and niecelets) traveled to her parents land where Aaron gets to build a greenhouse, a chicken coop, dig trenches, or whatever other man-project is pending at the time. He always has a lot of fun.
This also means we get to hunt and/or shoot guns. By "we" I mean mostly he and his brother (though I'm a pretty decent shot if I do say so myself).

Well my brother-in-law bought some exploding targets and this was what ensued:

It was a blast!
[haha ... get it?]

Later we watched The Help. If you haven't seen it, you should. I'm sure the book is fabulous, too. It's not for people who want to see stuff blow up and aren't interested in things like compelling story lines or good acting.


And that brings us to this morning. Sunday.
We went to church again today... FINALLY! I still haven't decided if this particular church is where we need to be right now. It's hard to make a commitment right now because for all we know, if we get jobs soon we could be moving anywhere, really.

Anyway, in search of fellowship and in an effort to make a few friends, we went to a study group for young married couples. It's fantastic that this church even has a group focused on our demographic considering most do not.

This brings me to my present state.
I really miss our friends. And I really miss our church.
I feel like we prayed for so long for a group of people we really connected with and just when things started getting really great, life happened and we moved.

I get the feeling this has happened to me before.
My best friend in high school and I didn't start connecting until my senior year. Then I shipped out of town for college.
In college, I was too preoccupied with a boyfriend to make friends. When I finally did, the sorority through which I met them went crazy and I had to get out.
Later, I met some really awesome, Godly couples through a student ministry. Aaron and I married and then we moved to a new city.

And now it's happened again.
I still really feel like I don't know where God wants us.
I keep thinking that He will reveal His plan through a job offer somewhere.
But this hasn't happened, yet.

I know I need to just have faith and trust that He knows what He's doing.
Life is tough right now.
Thats about it.

10 comments:

  1. Awe Hun! U will find something soon. I just know it. Keep that head held high! :) yeah for new followers, you have one fantastic blog! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The help is a really good book. It has more elements in it than the movie. Hope things turn around for you soon. We've had some tough times too. When we left for three months to my fiance's training (work) in Fort Worth our only car got towed and we had to somehow find a way to get it out of inpound, only to discover it was towed wrong and damaged. I had to file a claim on my insurance because the tow company refused to pay for their mistake and the total damages exceeded $4,000.00. Talk about bad luck! It will get better just hang in there. Tough times never last, Tough people do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thats awful! We had our car towed... while we were parked AT our apartment complex. It pretty much sucked. Thats horrible that you didn't have another car! Thanks for you last sentence. It's encouraging. :)

      Delete
  3. I am having a hard time myself finding friends here in SC so I know how it feels. You have such a strong bond with someone and then to have that taken away bc you move is even harder on top of simply having to move. Keep your head up and your heart open and you will find awesome people come into your life. I know its not the same but I have to say you have some pretty awesome friends here in the blogger world.
    PS: YAY for new followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for that, Tiffany! p.s. Your blog is super cute today!

      Delete
  4. Hey! I am one of those new followers you mentioned. :) Love your cute blog! My husband totally wants to get some exploding targets, I just have a hard time justifying spending money on them. Haha. Also, The Help is really a great book! If you enjoyed the movie and you like reading, I would totally recommend it! Hope things get better for you soon! My husband and I are looking to move at the beginning of summer and I'm really worried that is how we will feel too. :/ No fun.

    www.uncommonplaceblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Natalia! I love your blog! Great design! So not to give your hubs any more leverage, but the exploding target powder came in two bags (that you mix together to activate the explosives) only cost $10. And the explosions you're seeing are the result of dividing the mixture in half. It was more than enough! If you'd like, I can get you the web address from which my brother ordered it.

      On another note.. I'm the WORST about starting a book and not finishing it... especially if I already know the ending.

      I hope that your moving plans go well! There is a peace knowing that the more God-seekers I befriend, the more people I will reunite with in Heaven :)

      Delete
  5. Making new friends is tough, and knowing that there are awesome people where you last lived makes it harder! But hang in there... even though it's hard not to see the full picture right now, you know that eventually you'll know what God had in mind.
    Also, I've found that volunteering is a great way to meet good-hearted, nice people, and to get out of the house a bit... don't know what's available in your area, but it's worth a look! :) Good luck!!
    Oh! And you should definitely go see Extreme Loud and Incredibly Close!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete