I do this in part because I don't always know what I'm going to write about when I start and also because it requires me to come up with a creative way to tie everything together.
Today, I knew exactly what I needed to call this one.. and bear with me, it's lengthy.
. . .
God must have known that this morning wasn't going to bring good news so he blessed us with a bit encouragement in throughout the day. The Bad: I woke up this morning only to have my computer go into what is called "kernel panic."
After much research and trying to troubleshoot from support forums online, I kind of went into "Claire panic." We do NOT have the money to fix a computer, restore data, or replace a Macbook. This just was not a great way to start my day.
The Good: When Aaron got laid off we assumed we had health coverage until the end of the month. This was not the case. Unfortunately, by the time we realized this, I had already gone on two doctors appointments (knowing our coverage was about to end). Thankfully, he explained our situation to my doctor who agreed to reduce our bill by 60%! We needed this little act of mercy.
The Bad: I received a letter in the mail from the Texas Workforce Commission the other day that I subsequently ignored and didn't open. (If you've ever dealt with TWC and unemployment benefits, they send you mail like every day so I didn't think anything of it.) Well this particular letter, which I read this morning, informed me that I no longer have any benefits and will not be receiving future unemployment compensation.
Could today get any more frustrating?
The Good: I have two more interviews this week. One is a phone interview for a job with a great company as an events coordinator. (The Little Bad: Its only a 4-month temporary position with no benefits... which is better than nothing at this point. Who knows what it could turn into.) The other job, a marketing/sales position, will take us back to Aaron's hometown. He is pretty much elated that I have an interview there because he really wants to move back and be closer to his friends. Plus he is excited for the upcoming mini-vacation for my interview.
The Bad: I had a migraine today. Not that this by itself would make my day awful, but it certainly does not help. My migraine meds are so expensive (even with insurance) that I wont take them unless I'm practically falling over, barfing, or dying... usually its the latter. I wouldn't wish daily or even weekly migraines on anyone.
The Good: Today ended on a slightly positive note. Actually it was a note that did it. Here's an excerpt from what I received in my inbox a few hours ago..
It reads:
"As I was reading your blog, I was remembering how difficult it was when I got laid off almost two years ago. God has a way of using us when we least expect it, so I wanted to share that he used your experiences to help me today. I was laid off from [the same company that laid me off] this afternoon, but I am sure it is for the best. There may be other opportunities, but what helped me maintain a positive attitude was seeing you use the time you have had constructively. You're a wonderful writer and incredibly creative. I know God has great things in store for you, and am excited to hear about them when they come."
. . .
Knowing that somehow, between ranting and pouring my heart out, God is using what I write to encourage others brings me such joy. I can't imagine going through this situation if I didn't have a relationship with God to run to for comfort and through which he can reveal a greater purpose for my life. Amidst all the crap that gets thrown our way in this world, there is hope that this world is not my home. In Heaven, I will have a full time job with the ultimate salary! I will be in the presence of our Lord and Savior, praising His name for all eternity.
That's a pretty good ending to a pretty awful day if you ask me.
p.s. We did get to go to Half Price Books today.. This section certainly had my hubby in his element.. and yes, he bought it.




Any luck on the mac?
ReplyDeleteNope. I should hear back from the repair place sometime today though.
DeleteMost of the time I will write a post and then title it to, sometimes I know right off what I want it to be but most times I like to have one word or phrase that sums the whole thing up.
ReplyDeleteI hope that your job interviews go well, i know the out come of either are so different but God wouldn't put anything in front of you that he didnt think you could handle!!! Be strong darlin you will get through this.
Thanks girl! I appreciate the reminder!
Delete"Man Skills" that sounds like an awesome book! :)
ReplyDelete-wHiT
Haha.. It was one of those "Worst Case Scenario" survival books.. it had some crazy how-to's in there.
DeleteFor example:
How to fake your way through a presentation.
How to break up with a girl via text.
How to leap from a motorcycle to a car.
And my favorites:
How to rid a bedroom of monsters.
How to take the last doughnut.