1. I have another round of interviews for a
very exciting opportunity to take place on Thursday.
I am super stoked about this position. To be honest, it's kind of a long-shot given that I am... how do I put this... less seasoned(?) than the other candidates. Still I know that God can do amazing things. The fact that I'm even in the running for the job is a huge accomplishment.
2. I went "hunting" for the first time!
It was a lot similar to what I would assume fishing is like. Only it was really cold, really dark, and we couldn't talk for fear of scaring of the bounty of wildlife headed our way. Furthermore, my brother-in-law elected me "Spotter" which is a nice way to say "You don't get a gun." Well, despite my adherence to the No-Talking rule and my diligent Spotters effort, our labors were fruitless.
3. My baby sister and her team placed 2nd
at their NCA Cheerleading Competition.
I say baby sister but really she's sixteen.
Isn't she adorable? Love this girl and am so proud of her!
4. Aaron had his first interview since the move.
I am thrilled for him! He did a great job on his phone interview and he should hear something by the end of this week. He is so smart and such a hard-worker. It is going to be awesome when an employer realizes that too!
This has been an interesting experience for the both of us and I know we have much further to go. Being unemployed together has given us a lot of time to enjoy each other's company. Still, it may surprise you how stressful it can be. If we want to get out of the house and do anything, it's a minimum of 30-minutes to the outskirts of civilization.
To retain our sanity, we try to go on a walk every day. He's been teaching me how to throw the football. I have to say, I would be an excellent Powder Puff Quarterback. As long as no one is trying to blitz!
It's been kind of fun getting acclimated to life here in East Texas. I really cant wait to be settled in though!


What a great weekend! Just became your newest follower!
ReplyDelete-Lindsay
www.lindzaynicole.blogspot.com
Welcome Lindsay!!
DeleteAre you originally from Texas ?!?!?! I am from DFW, TX and my whole family is there. I hope that everything works out sooner then later with you both being able to find a job. I can say I know how hard it is first hand bc when we moved from Hawaii to South Carolina I was with out a job for 2 months and I was never more stressed out. I hated not being able to help support my husband and myself.
ReplyDeleteYes! I am. I was born in Ft Worth and have since lived all over.
DeleteIsn't it crazy the things that life throws at us?