Instead, I thought it'd be nice to let you in on a little bit of life's happenings outside of house-buying and nephew-birthing. Here goes:
1. I've been taking a class at work to learn how to eat healthier and it's working! I've lost 7 pounds! Woo hoo! Who knew I ate that much cake and pizza??? ({Points to self.}This girl.) The great part is, everyone at work who is participating in the program is seeing results! It's awesome! We have such a unique culture at the office. It seems like everyone is into eating right and exercising. (Except on the days when cookies are left on the filing cabinet outside of my cube. Today.) I just feel so much better about my body right now, which is exactly the confidence I've been praying for.
2. Aaron and I collectively make up 12% of my company's co-ed softball team! I play right field mostly. I guess that means they trust me to throw far and run after a ball. Though I'm not very good, to say the least. Still, I got to design our shirts!
Please excuse the insinuation of waste abandonment.
Our team is going to compete this week in the playoffs. Apparently, we are so intimidating that our competitors can't muster up enough players and end up forfeiting.
Probably the ONLY reason we've made it to the playoffs! :)
3. I've signed myself up to co-coordinate several Fall office events. The first, a company-wide talent show, will be a volunteer opportunity to showcase the best talent the rebate-marketing-world has to offer. We will be putting on the show for kids, families, and staff at a local non-profit hospital! The thespian in me is a little bit excited! The second, and historically most-enthusiastic, event is a massive Halloween exhibit. Each department chooses a theme and very truly goes all out with decorations, costumes, games, you name it. The CEO picks a winning department and treats them to a happy hour! We've already started working on it and it's not even August! I've definitely got my work cut out for me!
4. Okay I know I said I'd steer clear of anything house related, but I've also been busy brainstorming all the creative and crafty projects I want to take on in our new house. Pinterest is totally my friend! Check out all my pending ideas here! You just have to promise if you come visit me not to point to everything and say that you saw it on Pinterest. Hmmm.. Maybe I'll add that to my house rules craft project. :) Houzz is also a great resource for anyone in future-homeownership-la-la-land.
There's really not much else to report.
I'm very anxious to move. We are super ready to settle in and feel stationary for the first time in almost a year. What I'm most looking forward to is being more involved in a church. We are so limited right now with our social capabilities purely because we live so far away. I've been praying for good, Godly girl friends. I know God is going to provide them because He promises to listen to us and answer our prayers in accordance with His will and purpose for our lives. I know that Godly fellowship is key to a healthy faith and can't wait to see who He brings into my life!
Blessings!



0 comments:
Post a Comment