Thursday, July 26

Posted by Claire on 11:08 AM 2 comments
"Efficient" has to be in my top 10 list of favorite words. I love being efficient. I hate things that interrupt my efficiency. It is very important to me that I be characterized by this word.

The jump back into house hunting was quick. We found out last Wednesday that we'd need to start looking for a new home and Friday we already had viewings scheduled. Again we spent hours viewing this floor plan and that... one builder here, another there... houses both new and old.

It takes a lot of vision to buy a home. You're likely going into a home that has yet to be adorned with drywall, plumbing and other pleasantries. You might be fortunate enough to view a house that is ready to go, neat and tied up with a bow. Or you're going into a home that belongs to someone else, with their food in the fridge, their furniture on the carpet, and filled with their love. In any situation, you have to figure out how these four walls can be yours. Sometimes it means hypothetically re-painting, mentally arranging, and emotionally filling a room.

Every time I walked into a house, I would stand in the kitchen and relive our church small group meetings. Could I see a pot of queso on the counter? Upwards of 15 people fitting on and around my imagined furnishings? I would walk into the backyard and picture my husband mowing the grass, growing his garden, and our future babies playing with our also future puppy. I'd picture our bedrooms. Where will we put Tyler & Aubri when they most certainly come to visit? (Hint.) Is the sun going to wake me up every morning? (Not a morning person.) Where will we put our kiddos? (Not a hint.) 

When we finished walking through our future home, I called Aaron into the bathroom. I wanted to see what he was thinking. We are very stoic house hunters. I don't like giving away my feelings about a house, especially if a salesman is present. I'm sorry, no I do not in fact like to be stalked through each room. No I don't need you to try to put a positive spin on every negative thing I point out. And no, I will not call you back as your house sucks. But I digress... I called Aaron into our future bathroom and didn't even really have to ask him anything. We both smiled. I, in my ever-energetic nature, started jumping up and down and doing my I-LOVE-THIS-HOUSE dance.

A few hours later we'd finished paperwork and drove home, crossing our fingers in hopes the builder would accept our offer. By Sunday afternoon, we were homeowners again! (See, I told you I love being efficient!)



We are both feeling MUCH better about this house. We got a great deal, a stellar interest rate, and will have a lot of space to fill. The best part is that we will move into our home just in time to start decorating for Halloween!! I cant wait for Trick-or-Treaters!!

Now we just have to continue praying that God will align all the final details and we will be able to close on this home without any major complications.

God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. We are so fortunate in that He has provided us with the means to own our own place!


God is good.

Get excited! The next post should be about the little one headed our way this weekend!!!

2 comments: