To make a long story short, there were conditions presented at the point of sale that played a significant role in our decision to purchase our would-be home. These conditions conflicted with what we were presented with several days after the contract was signed, due to a clerical error. Despite providing our builder with every opportunity to act with ethical values and correct their error, and having done everything short of pursuing legal action, we decided it would be best to sever the contract.
As you can imagine, Aaron and I are very disappointed with the end result as we begin our pursuit once again. I'm probably taking it a little harder than Aaron is. I had already started nesting if you will, picking out colors, arranging furniture, and the like. I was beginning to envision bringing home our first puppy, watching our future babies learn to walk, and dream-coordinating family get-togethers. Women do these things.
Aaron is doing his best to make the right decisions for our family. I am blessed that he, in love and his desire to provide for us, refuses to let any ounce of bad business play a part in the establishment of our new home.
I am very thankful that God has given us the means to dust ourselves off and redirect our search efforts. After all, if it wasn't meant to be, then I'm even more excited about the prospect of what He has in store. Knowing that our future home is out there takes the edge off of my discouragement, though it is not completely erased.
Anyway, I don't suspect it will be long before I have news of our next-first home. I am confident that if God wants us here and wants us to have a home of our own, He will provide. We are getting anxious to have our own place as talk of babies is filling our current home.
Ha! Don't get too excited. I say babies because not only is my sister-in-law about to pop any day now, but Aaron's cousins just welcomed their new baby girl this week!
Isn't she precious? I cant wait to squish her little face! Soon enough, our new little nephew will be here and we will have a new roommate! Have I mentioned ever that I love being an Auntie? Though, I've long said that we cannot move out of their house until the youngest niece can say Auntie. I'd even settle for "Cwair"! I can't believe I've been so lucky to get to spend these last nine months watching my nieces (and my sister's belly) grow! I know I'm going to miss them terribly when we do find a place of our own. #FavoriteAuntForLife


Presley can't wait to have her cheeks squished by the family. Sorry to hear about the house, but as you know God has a better plan for your family. We miss you guys, good luck with the continued house hunt..
ReplyDeleteAwe I'm sorry about the house dear.. :(
ReplyDelete-wHiT