To pick up where we left off...
My corny husband planned a super cute Valentines date for the two of us. We spent the Day O' Saint Valentine at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens! His rationale [and yes, he actually said this to me] "I didn't want to get you a small bouquet of flowers. So I thought I'd take you to see a whole field of them."
Doesn't that just make you want to burst into confetti sprinkles?Yeeahhh, he's got that affect on me.
Dying to see pictures?
Jeez Louise. Hold your horses!
This is me!
I learned that you should plant tulips underneath pansies
because as the pansies die off the tulips are just sprouting up through the ground!
because as the pansies die off the tulips are just sprouting up through the ground!
Aaron walking through an archway of trees!
Goofy headband that reminded me of a spider!
A fun time was had by all!
Alright now back to the topic that is today's disclosure.
Unfortunately I cant divulge a lot of details because we are still in the process of some big decision making. You'll have to fill in the blanks on your own.
It turns out that even if your living with family, you still can't be unemployed forever. We are getting closer and closer to having tossed all our pennies into the Fountain of Never-Ending Bills and Expenditures [aka the Fountain of Real Life][aka the Fountain of Youth's evil stepsister]. I don't know about the husband, but wifey here has just about reached the end of her sanity rope. It takes a lot out of me to get excited about a potential job only to be turned down after weeks of waiting and waiting and ... you get the idea.
We have been fervently praying that God would 'get-after-it!', so to speak. In addition to spending a lot of time praying over our situation, we've also begun a chronological one-year Bible reading plan. It's been awesome. Though we miss a day every now and then, we just wrapped up Job and are back into Genesis. I felt rather convicted the other night because I had been asking God to work in MY timeline and not remaining patient with His plan.
Funny though, the next day He moved! Having been turned down for the hospital job I'd been praying for, I was feeling very discouraged about not having as many irons in the fire as I'd like. Well God was so faithful and knew just what I needed. Not only did he give me the courage to apply for a job I wasn't feeling confident about, he also sent a great potential opportunity my way!
So this past week has been filled with a lot of excitement with interviews and
SPOILER ALERT
..job offers???
Yikes!
Stay tuned for what may be an end to the blog tale of the homeless, jobless, moneyless, bum bride!!


Aw what a sweet Valentines date!!! I really hope you get the job!!!
ReplyDelete:)
Hope it's all good news!! Next time you're in Dallas, you should let me know... we could have coffee and I'd be happy to commiserate about the whole job search thing. :)
ReplyDeletethanks for being my scramble with friends-friend. :) It helps to keep up with you when I don't get to get on blogger much.
ReplyDelete-wHiT