Ahhh Love is in the Air!
Valentines Day is near and what kind of wife would I be if I didn't dote on my sweet husband every so often...
Today I'm linking up with From Mrs. To Mama to share our love story!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Since June-ish of 2009
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met in college. We worked in the same building on campus and Aaron actually was my ex bf's boss! (SCANDALOUS!) Summer of 2009 we started dating after my boss at the time, knowing I was newly single, decided to hire my crush to be my assistant! Thankfully, he was feeling it too!
3. If married, how long have you been married? {do tell}
We have been married for 1 year, 1 month and 22 days!
I definitely knew he was "the one" long before we were engaged. In fact, we'd only been dating about four months and I just had that feeling. If you've ever had it you know what I mean. The best way to describe it is a feeling of inevitability.. like no matter what happened or what I did, we would end up together. I just knew!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We had a SUPER small wedding near Corpus Christi, TX. I mean like 30 people.
I go into a lot of detail on my "We Do" page.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Lovey! And we share it interchangeably!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. He seeks God and lovingly leads our family. <<This affects EVERYTHING about our marriage!
2. My honey has such a generous heart.
3. I've never known him to turn down a helping a friend. He is super loyal.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Ha! Aaron proposed after I had finished [jokingly] arguing with him! He had just accepted a position in another city. We were at a small group and someone asked if that meant we were moving, I piped up and said "Well, HE'S moving. It's up to him if he wants a wife to go with him!" Later when he walked me home I told him that I didn't care if he had asked me by then or not, but I was going to start planning our dang wedding. He asked "Are you done?" I said "Yes" [through gritted teeth]. And he dropped to his knee and asked me! The first words out of my mouth (and I'm not proud of this..) were "Are you shitting me?!" And I proceeded to push him around until I knew he was serious!
Though it wasn't how I would have planned my own proposal, it was perfect because I wouldn't have been surprised by something romantic. Plus this makes for a funnier story!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Hmmm.. I would say neither.. He's more of a candles and music kind of guy.
[Because he knows I'm a bubble-bath kind of girl.]
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I am a sucker for doing something to celebrate an occasion. We can do movies or dinner anytime. I want to go and visit a museum or go snowboarding. I'm not into tangible gifts as much as I am into outings.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to visit another country together. I've done a lot of traveling on my own and we've gone many places since being together [he calls me his travel agent]. But there's something about serving God side-by-side in a third world that would be amazing to do with my best friend!
Also... I'd be totally okay with going to Disney with him. I went at an age when I didn't appreciate being there as much as I could have. Going with Aaron would be an adventure.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I have no idea! This is bad. I usually leave this up to him but I guess I should come up with a few little-somethings, huh?
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
All I ever ask for is for something well-thought-out. I don't like cop-out gifts. I want something he's put thought, effort and energy into.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
The number one thing you can do is seek God together, but in that.. I've found that submitting to his leadership when it really counts makes our marriage that much stronger because he sees me relying on him and I see him providing for me. This is how God designed it.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
My sweet hubby lets me be such a weirdo and is a weirdo in return. It's one thing to have someone in your life who lets you be you. It's another when they join you in your quirks!





You guys are so cute! Your proposal story made me laugh... I would have been the same way!
ReplyDeleteNew Follower :)
Oh my goodness, this is adorable! I just loved your stories! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is to fun and yall are adorable. I saw it on another blog this morning, I might have to do it as well.
ReplyDelete