No I did not fall off the bandwagon..
And sorry for not giving any notice!!
The last couple of weeks had us moving around so quickly that I didn't get to even think about stopping to breathe for a little bit in the blog world. Now that I've had a moment to rest, there is a lot to catch up on!
This is what my calendar looked like...
Here are the highlights:
Aaron and I both had interviews with the same company
We got to stay with great friends while we were in Corpus
[This involved making DIY dinner menu frames, bubble pizza and partaking in a lot of cookie & cake-ball consumption]
We spontaneously purchased tennis racquets
[and discovered how much fun it can be to be horribly bad at something]
We had a romantic overnight stay & date night in East Texas
Superbowl Sunday was spent with family
[though I was the only one rooting for our 2012 victors]
We spent 21 hours in the car for a total of 1,248 miles
...
And what of the fruits of our little interviewing adventure?
Well, I was offered the job I interviewed for in Corpus before I'd even left town. I tried really hard to keep my cool and get through my other scheduled interviews. My heart was in the UFC octagon with my brain. Aaron really wanted to be in Corpus. It is where he grew up and where the majority of his friends still reside. For me, Corpus was my college home and not a place where I expected to end up raising a family. But out of love for my husband and a desire to serve him, I was seriously entertaining this job. The position was a great fit for my skill set but I wasn't passionate about the type of work. Furthermore, moving to Corpus for this particular position would have put a huge financial burden on me for providing for our family till Aaron found a job.
With all of this in mind and after a LOT of tearful prayer, I turned the offer down. I wanted so badly to please my husband and to go for the sure thing that was a job with a paycheck versus risking waiting out the other positions I've been interviewing for. I jokingly told Aaron that I felt like I was on Deal or No Deal. Though, I did not like my odds.
Ultimately, our marriage needs to be driven by Aaron fervently following God's call and leading me alongside him. This situation didn't unfold with Aaron's leading or with the peace that comes from assurance in God's hand completing the puzzle of our life. I'm still pretty bummed about it.
...
Yesterday I was notified that I wasn't selected for the job at the hospital that we'd been praying for. In fact, I'd prayed not five minutes earlier that I would hear something today. It's hard to do so cheerfully but I did rejoice that God had given me an answer.
If I can be honest for a minute, I feel rather defeated. It's wearing on my soul to put hope and energy into the prospect of a new job and get excited about a particular position only to be turned away. I wont hear anything about the last outstanding interviews for another week or so. This whole process of waiting is tiresome. My heart is heavy with uncertainty and rejection.
Still, we are confident that God has a place for us. Furthermore, God knows that we need to feel His peace in our decisions to be able to discern His calling. Since we haven't felt that peace yet, I suppose we must be where we need to be right now.





I've been wondering were you were, glad to hear that everything is ok. You have had a busy busy last couple weeks. Im sorry that things didnt pan out with the job at the hospital that you were hoping. Im sure it was a hard thing to do by turning down the first job but just try and remember that God does have bigger and better things in store for you!!!
ReplyDelete