Thursday, December 15

Posted by Claire on 6:23 PM 4 comments
We are nice and settled here in our new home of sorts. My eldest niece, who is four, is ecstatic to play games on my iPhone and take pictures of herself on my Mac. The younger two little girls are both sick, sadly. We unpacked all of our things and got our room organized and the XBOX hooked up. And we are in full swing of life as penniless vagabonds.

NEET: a government acronym for people "Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

It's been a two and a half months since I last clocked out for a day of work. I feel like I should be doing more to find a job but I'm at a loss for what to do. It doesn't help that I've got Aaron's employment to think about, too. I do my due diligence and meet all the qualifications to receive unemployment benefits (which is fairly minimal). I follow up on applications and try to network with recruiters on LinkedIn. I'm not being that picky at all when it comes to the types of jobs I'm applying for. I'm not yet at the point where I need to put on my roller skates, name tag and head to the Sonic down the road. I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do but it's bearing no fruit. 

It's also very strange moving into someone else's house. Normally, when we are here it's temporary. It's for fun. Now it's semi-permanent and its because we are helpless. Maybe that's a little dramatic but just take my word for it, it's weird. 

[Le Sigh..]

I'm looking forward to a phone interview I have tomorrow for a position for which I interviewed a few weeks ago. I'm really hoping this is the job but we'll have to see. This weekend we will get the opportunity to do a little church shopping. I still need to find several to try out. 
If you know of any good ones in far East Dallas or the Tyler area, please share!

This marks the beginning of a new season of life for us Thurmons. God is going to teach us so much, I just know it. I am praying that He has a church home and a community that He's been preparing for us. There IS a higher purpose for our troubles. I trust that. The process just isn't "NEET" at all. 



4 comments:

  1. You should touch base with Shaune and Kristie Martinez. They both just got new jobs up there and may know of some opportunities. Plus, you could check out their church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Claire! I need to be filled in on everything. Sorry I have been MIA. I miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to church with Adam and Lisa. It is one here in Rockwall and I think you would like it. We do.

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara - Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely get in touch with them!

    Lauren - Ditto!

    Winnie - I'm very much looking forward to it! Aaron and I will be going on Sunday! See you there????

    ReplyDelete