Tuesday, December 6

Posted by Claire on 6:36 PM 3 comments
Today, I embarked upon my quest to make this little family some Christmas stockings and, to my surprise, Aaron wanted to help!

After determining that Hobby Lobby had a selection of stockings that would neither suit my creativity or tickle Aaron's red and green traditionalism, I continued with my plan of going DIY.  I did some Googling and decided that a felt stocking would be much less invasive, especially since I really didn't want to break out the sewing machine.

The Shopping List:
1 yard of felt from the fabric section
2 giant buttons
Fabric Glue
Assorted fabric sheets from the craft section

For starters, I made a pattern using leftover wrapping paper. This worked really well and kept things festive!

After cutting out four stocking shapes, Aaron began working on what he termed to be his "Reindeer Camo." We cut out and tacked down all of the shapes with the fabric glue.

I began my own stocking as Aaron's lay drying. I started by cutting out my main attraction.

Then I grabbed some felt flowers I'd made for a wreath that I never finished and played around with layouts.

After our designs were done drying, we flipped them over and placed fabric glue along the edges in lieu of sewing. For a finishing touch, we folded down the top to create a nice even rim.

After the glue had set, we flipped these babies right-side out and added giant buttons to embellish our hooks.  Don't they look great?



Super excited that now we have stockings!
Hope ya'll enjoy!
Oooh I also added a really yummy Green Chile Chicken & Rice recipe to the Food tab.
Happy Holidays!!

3 comments:

  1. They're SO cute! I absolutely ADORE yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and creative. I do like Aaron's reindeer camo :D Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I think I need to change the title of these to New-Sew Stockings.

    ReplyDelete