Friday, May 11

Posted by Claire on 11:03 AM 1 comment
Everyone-visit-Claire's-Cube day at work! Free Donuts!
One of the most frustrating challenges I'm experiencing with my new job is having three hours of my life sucked away every day to commuting. It's a wonder my laundry gets done. Please excuse the lapse in blogging you may have noticed over the past few months. I had forgotten how much I enjoy penning my troubles and homely adventures for public display and had traded that satisfaction for the comfort of a full eight hours of sleep and other absurdities, like dinner. I need to do better. I'm hoping that things will settle back down once we do.


If you've been keeping up with my life via other social mediums you may already know that my sweet husband is also gainfully employed once again! He is now finishing off his third week as a Project Coordinator for the Information Services department of a pediatric hospital. I'd love to tell you what he does but I don't even think he knows the full scope of his title just yet. He's important and he's going places - take my word for it. ;)
On the other side of the city, I work as an Account Specialist for a rebate processing company. Sounds fancy, right? Well it actually is a lot more challenging than you might expect. I manage about twenty unique accounts for clients who run rebate promotions for their products, and co-manage even more. This week actually marks the end of my training, or at least I'm going to say it does since I'm now training the new girl! Of course sitting in a cubicle all day isn't exactly living the dream, but I've certainly done what I can to make it home. I even have a window view!

My office-Beta, affectionately named "Rebait" (Get it?)
Slowly but surely we are both making friends. We are still attending a church that is of course no where near our home or where we work, but it's probably the best place for us while we are in this transition period. We participate in a young, married couples small group (when we can) and have developed relationships there. We go shooting often and continue to stock up on explosive target powder.

This girl is walking now!
The nieces catch a lizard!
Mostly, we are looking forward to being in our own place again. We have really enjoyed living with the brother and sister in law but the drive is not manageable long-term. Plus, we cant drink the water (they are on baby no. 4)! With the horrendous price gouging that seems to have caught on like Swine flu (...too soon?), we're abandoning the hope of finding an affordable apartment within a <30 minute commuting window from work. It's looking as though this Thurmon duo will continue to live with the aforementioned Thurmons' until about the time that their newest rug-rat makes his debut. While putting away our paychecks, we are hoping to save up to buy a house!

I think that should get you up to speed. With holidays, weddings, bridal showers, graduations, reunions and what ever else you want to throw at us coming up in the next few weeks, life is going to continue in this bliss of chaos. ...Aside from that you can continue to pray for us to find a home, a church home, friends and a little peace.

It's funny how God works. I know you don't need to hear that but from this end of things, having played witness to a bit of His Providence, things aren't so bad. I began this blog having just lost my job only to have my husband lose his weeks later. We moved, not only to a new city but into someone else's home. We sent hundreds of resumes, went on dozens of interviews, and are finally here. I am so thankful that God brought us through it all, not just that things are semi-normal again but I am thankful that it happened. God is so good and even though I don't understand why these things happen, they do. I'm blessed to know that God trusts me with a little struggle every now and then.

1 comments:

  1. I miss you. I have been thinking about you a lot this week. So excited your hubby found a job and you too (I may have already told you that though!). Love ya

    ReplyDelete