Tuesday, June 12

Posted by Claire on 11:31 AM 1 comment
Today marks absolutely nothing special. For once, I happen to have a moment to breathe and catch up to the rest of the spinning world so I'm taking advantage of it and sharing my little marathon with you! Aren't you lucky?


At the Jennings-Lutz wedding
Life is trucking on as usual. Actually, I feel like that is (still) all we are doing on a daily basis. The alarm clock rings for this night owl at 6:10a. We're out of the house by 6:30a, though lately we're pushing 6:45a. This puts me at work just before 8:00a, time we fill by listening to our YouVersion Bible app read us through Exodus, Leviticus, and now Numbers. At work, I hop on the treadmill for as much as 30 minutes.. or the elliptical if I'm feeling especially lazy. Then, I'll shower and head to my cube for the daily grind. About that time, Aaron is arriving at his preferred destination (we carpool) and clocking in. Before I can get through  half of my Outlook tasks and emails, it's 5:30p and Aaron has already been in the car for 45 minutes. If I can bring myself to leave my to-do list undone, we'll hop back in the car and pray that the food is still hot when we get home at 7:00p. If we don't have to cook our own meal and after dishes get cleaned, food put away, and we're changed into our evening attire its at least 8:00p again. My territory on the couch has been sufficiently marked with a nest of pillows and blankets just in time for us watch some awfully addicting Redneck TV like Swamp People, Justified,  or the new favorite, Duck Dynasty. If it's the right cable season, the alternative is typically some Zombie/Apocalypse/Survivalist show... eg. Doomsday Preppers, Walking Dead and the like. If I'm smart, I'll snuggle into my bed before 10:30p to finish all of my 'DrawSomething' games and pray that I hear my alarm in time to do it all again.

See why breathing is a little difficult?
I'm sure we could have it a lot worse. And I keep reminding myself that it's only temporary.

In fact, we are going to look at houses this weekend! I'm very excited. Aaron is very adamant about wanting to live outside of the city so we're hoping that we can find a little brick and mortar to call our own Home Sweet Home. I feel like such a grown up sometimes it makes me sick. Can I please just go back to college? Life was hard but I at least didn't have to think about mortgages and property taxes. Oh the joys of adulthood.

Planning to buy a house has challenged us to consider exactly where we want to be, not just an address but actual roots. Unlike an apartment (or mooching off of the good grace of others), buying a house kind of plants you for awhile. This makes me nervous. I'm not sure that I want to live in Dallas for my whole life. Okay, that's a bit dramatic but even thinking that we will probably start our family here is a little YIKES!

Lately I'm wanting to run away and start over. I totally would be okay if God was like, "Claire.. Aaron.. move to Zimbabwe and live in a hut and kill your dinner with your bare hands!" Of course, I say that now and I know God is just laughing at how much I think I know. I suppose this discomfort is one of the burdens we bear knowing that this Earth is not our final home. I can't wait to finally be Home. Well, I can... and I will. :)



1 comments:

  1. You plan on buying a home? MY GOSH I AM SO BEHIND. I'm sorry dear that i haven't been catching up on your blog recently, but it seems you are quiet busy as well.

    here's finding you well.
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete