Monday, March 19

Posted by Claire on 5:26 PM 3 comments
Well my first two weeks of work have gone great. There is a lot to learn so I'm super busy all day. This is a much welcome change from my last job. The biggest downside is that I have an hour and a half commute each way. [Hence my lack of blogging.] I've taken to leaving the house before 6:15A so that I can hit the in-office gym for about half an hour before work. This is nice because I just go to bed in my workout attire and grab my bag in the morning and go. It makes for an easy morning.

On Friday, me and 100 of my closest friend-commuters were stuck for four hours behind the cleanup crew of an early morning accident. I had just passed the last viable exit as I came to a parked halt on the road, blocked on one side by a cable fence and on the other by a ditch. So for the majority of my morning, I rationed my phone (no car charger) and radio (for fear of draining my car battery). I changed out of my gym clothes in the car. And abandoned the car to hop the freeway to use the restroom at some tractor company. It was an eventful morning. Thankfully, my boss thought it was rather funny and didn't mind at all when I strolled in for work just before lunch.

My Desk!
I can tell that I'm going to like working here. We even had a mid-afternoon ice cream social just because. Ahhh snack time. Someone knows the way to my heart.

Aaron spent all of last week camping in Oklahoma. Ever the survivalist, he fashioned himself a bed out of rope and thick branches, sleeping under a tarp.
Turns out, despite his lack of a comfortable nights sleep, he was the only dry camper, as it poured for the first 48 hours of his little adventure. It was a great time, or so I'm told.


Now that life's starting to look more normal, we've had a few fun adventures around the house.

For my boss's birthday, I made DIY coasters! I swear these are the easiest craft ever - so cheap and super fast to make. I ended up making four sets. They turned out great!
Coasters
The father-in-law came to visit this weekend, which meant a trip to the local gun store. Thankfully, no one came home with more than what they intended to purchase.

Between my sister and myself, SIXTY cupcakes have been made in the past week. I revisited my go-to French Toast Cupcake recipe for "Cupcake Wars" that took place at my sisters office.

Aaron and I played house a little bit on Sunday, we took the older two nieces to see The Lorax. Everything went so smoothly. Both the girls stayed entertained throughout and we didn't have to take anyone to the bathroom mid-movie! Quite a successful outing if you ask me.

Now we're just waiting for things on Aaron's end to come through, jobwise. I'm getting super excited about the idea of having our own place. It's actually rather bittersweet. I like living here a whole lot, but it's going to be fun to have our own home. I'm too much of a Susie Homemaker to be restricted to being hosted and not getting to play host. It's going to be nice.

Someone please point out to me when we are in the moving process that I actually put in writing that I was actually looking forward to it. I'm sure I will need the reminder.

In the mean time, pray that a job comes through for Aaron. Pray that my commute is light and swift. Oh and pray that The Walking Dead comes back soon!

3 comments:

  1. "For my boss's birthday, I made DIY coasters! " - SUCK UP!!! :o) Kidding! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH!!! Love that you love being a wife it's inspiring love you and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that Aaron finds the perfect job soon! The coasters turned out really well! And those cupcakes... yum!

    :)

    ReplyDelete