Friday, November 1

Posted by Claire on 4:58 PM 2 comments

Graham's first Halloween was great. We three and the neighbors sat in their garage to pass out candy, ordered a pizza and had a few brews. We had a steady stream of Trick-Or-Treaters. Still, I may have eaten more candy than we passed out. o.O

Early this week, Aaron got back from a (sporadically) annual fishing trip in Corpus with his dads and brothers, in-laws included. From what I gather, they had a great time, despite not catching all that much. I figure if people went fishing to catch fish, then nobody would do it. There are much more efficient ways to hunt. It should be called passing-the-time-ing, since that's the real purpose.

While he was gone, I had the privilege of being a single mommy for three and a half days. I've decided that it's just not for me. Aaron is too valuable to have around - especially if I expect to have any chance of getting to work on time in the morning. Regardless, me and my little man had a good time. We are learning how to roll over!

We spent the latter part of the week preparing to lead a bible study on the topic of being in God's desert.  And I've really been struggling to figure out what season of life He has me in right now. I feel like we are more than blessed in so many areas of our life. Yes, there are several circumstances that I would rather not be in right now, but they seem so small in comparison to where we are going.

I am so thankful that God gave me wise mentors early in my life and in my marriage. They taught me to do my best to view my life in stages, or seasons, all of which have an end. Sometimes the season I'm in is long and difficult, other times its brief and beautiful. In each, I know God is working on my heart.

The desert is a place of my Father's love. I'm conflicted because I know that while the desert is dry and barren, it's an opportunity from God to grow spiritually. Its humbling to know that He trusts me with such things. That He wants to focus on my heart. I'm not saying I want to be in a desert, but I do want to be stretched by God. I want to welcome Him to mold me into the character of Jesus, to prune and chisel and sculpt my soul. The trials we face are an invitation to seek and find Him.

I do want that.

I haven't decided what landscape characterizes today. Maybe I'm not supposed to know. I don't need to know, I suppose. I should be looking at every morning as that invitation to draw closer to God. To learn to love and live like Jesus. All of my life I have a reason to worship Him. God will meet me right where I am.


 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your precious new baby. I'm thankful for your message and wish you all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete