Saturday, November 3

Posted by Claire on 1:07 PM No comments
It makes me sad to see that my last blog post was three months ago.. Good grief.. Can I just chalk it up to being in a crazy season of my life? Well I'm going to and you can secretly look upon my lack of dedication in disgust. Thank you for visiting.

I suppose I left off in the midst of house-purchasing, work-event-planning, and nephew introductions. To catch you up...

Work has been a lot of fun lately. I helped to coordinate our departments' Halloween party/decoration contest. Our team has won two years in a row and we were aiming for a three-peat. I had my work cut out for me but everything turned out great! We kicked some serious Halloween butt and took home the trophy! Can you guess what our theme was?




Since softball ended, Aaron and I joined an office kickball league. One would think that we would all be stellar at a sport that you're pretty much required to play in every P.E. class you'll ever have. This was not the case. We went 0 - 8 but had a lot of fun in the process!


We finally were able to close on our house in late September. This was not without heartache. Our loan fell through a week before closing and we took a pretty significant (and unplanned) financial knife-to-the-chest to get it sorted out. Still, we are here now and it feels amazing to be in our own place again. We are so incredibly blessed and humbled by the love and generosity of everyone who prayed for us along the way. I must say though that we would not be where we are now without our amazing brother and sister in law! Any attempts that I might make at trying to come  up with the right words to express my gratitude would fall so So SO incredibly short. Thank you. Thank You. THANK YOU!

And as ready as we were to settle down and re-enter life with just the two of us, I was not at all ready to leave my sweet niece-babies and new little nephew. My heart was heavy with thankfulness and sadness as we pulled the U-Haul out of their driveway. I am so grateful for the nine months that we were able to share with Adam & Lisa. I don't think I would have had it any other way. We are so lucky to be so loved.
We still have a lot of unpacking to do. With every box I unpack I'm hit with memories of the season of struggle we had just been thrown into when everything was being boxed up. A year ago this week, I had just lost my job only to have Aaron come home to tell me he'd been laid off too. We were confident and hopeful that God would have a plan for us that would be greater than anything we could have imagined for ourselves. Now, we live in a whole new city, have great jobs, and own a house! What an incredible, amazing and wonderful season we are entering into and I can describe the one we just left the same way.

Everything happens for a reason and my God has ALWAYS been faithful to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment